Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Round two is well underway!


I forgot my camera today so I couldn't head out and take some interesting Ruru-related photographs to pretty up the blog.  I decided to upload this photo instead ... I came across this little note on the pavement near my house the day after we launched the first round of personalised labels.  Given the launch had gone so well, I had to agree that it WAS my lucky day!!!

Anyway, on to all things Ruru ...

We've had an influx of labels over the last few days.  In addition to Clare's label and Cameron's two poetic efforts, we've had no less than FIVE options submitted by Bill Howard!  Te Maari has built on the success of her wonderful label about the 'Little Battler' moa skeleton - this time she's written about another object on display in the Taranaki Naturally gallery.  We've also had several labels from Puke Ariki's loyal North Wing Volunteers, Jill McKillop and Mike Nightingale.  Discover It! staff are stepping into the fray with TeAo writing a soaring story about a small Māori kite.

A big THANK YOU to all the staff who have written labels for round two.  For those of you yet to take the plunge, don't forget that the deadline is this Friday, 18 March 2011.  
We'll keep you posted about how we intend to celebrate the new round of labels ... as we hinted last time, we've got another idea on the boil too so we hope to join both initiatives into one big celebration of label writing goodness! 
Keep those labels coming!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment